Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Day 1

315.6 (What the scale said this morning, yuck I need to get back on WW better)

Well, here goes... yet another blog, and yet another attempt at losing the spare set of tires around my waist. I have always been enthralled with the sport of triathlon. Seeing all those crazy people swimming, biking and running till they nearly die is somehow entertaining and inspiring. I suppose that might be the sick twisted side of me... I hope to update this blog pretty regularly with my journey from fat - 327 (As of Jan. 1, 2009), 5' 11" to Iron... that is, Ironman...

Here is where I am to date on the 3 disciplines...

Swimming - if I can swim 50 meters without stopping, I'll be suprised, This part will have to come later, as I have no pool access right now...
Biking - I am confident I could jump on my bike right now and do 15 miles, in fact I intend to do so tonight... without too much damage to me, or the bike... I have ridden on and off for the past year and rode a 62 mile ride in March of 2008...
Running - yikes... Am on week 1 day 1 of www.coolrunning.com couch to 5k...

Current Short term Goals... Some kind of 5k race this spring, along with a 50 mile ride sometime early this summer

BHAG - IM-ANY 2012

Current Training Program -  www.coolrunning.com couch to 5k, with biking and/or eliptical on my off days...

1 comment:

Carlos said...

i too long to be in triathlon good luck on you wl and keep writing so i can get some fitness tips!